Wednesday, October 14, 2009

HOMEGROWN TERROR

The super liberal administration in Washington, DC proposes to place a tax on soda in an attempt to dissuade us from drinking soda and protect us from the "harmful" sugar it contains. A similar tax on fast food hamburgers and other products have been talked about.

The super liberals obviously have never studied the Constitution and my unalienable right to pursue my happiness my way, and not their way. "Unalienable" is a good word here because it is alien to the spirit of America that I be punished and forfeit my property (money) for exercising my rights. And since many of those super liberals believe my unalienable rights are God-given, how do they think God feels about and will respond to their burdening His creation and violating His wishes?

The super liberals obviously never learned, or have forgotten, that humans are a species with the unique and glorious capacity to CHOOSE, and that any constraints put on that capacity by others, including the government, is a direct assault on my nature as a human being and on my life.

The super liberals do not understand that the proper function of our government is to protect us FROM OTHERS, not FROM OURSELVES. They seek to demote you from master of your fate and captain of your soul, to obedient deckhand.

Taking away my unrestricted right to choose converts me to quasi-animal status. But animals are endowed with instincts to direct their actions, I am not...and since choices must be made about my life, if I am restrained from making them, someone must make them for me. And that is what the super liberals propose to do, utilizing the force of government to impose their will on my life.

I heard a discussion yesterday between some television commentators, one a Conservative, one a super liberal, and their only disagreement was how dangerous the choice we are making must be before the government ought step in and make it for us. The Conservative thought the government ought step in if the choice is a "really dangerous" one. The super liberal thought the government ought make any choice if it "enhances our well being." Both don't think we are smart enough, nor sould we be free enough, to make all choices for ourselves.
Woof, woof!

And both are on the same side, waging an internal war of terror against us that may, in the end, prove more dangerous and potent than the one being waged against us from abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment