Wednesday, June 24, 2009

FUN KIDS

Linguistically, IN OUT, ON OFF, UP DOWN are like playful little rambunctious kids, jumping about, running off in all directions, doing their own thing, and having fun.

For example, we say:

I slowed UP, she slowed DOWN
I gave IN, he gave UP
I wrote it DOWN, he typed it UP
I cooled OFF, he cooled DOWN, she heated UP
I spoke UP and spit it OUT, she shut UP
They woke UP shortly after they had turned IN
He couldn't live DOWN what he had done when he had lived it UP
She chewed him OUT and put him DOWN
He was UP and DOWN on the issue, she was ON and OFF about it
He was told to bug OFF, but he bugged OUT
He worked OUT, she sat OUT, I hung OUT
She got DOWN from her high horse, he got OFF his
He is UP to page 84, she is DOWN to the last chapter
She tried OUT for the team but was left OFF
He never let ON she ticked him OFF when he was DOWN and OUT
The way it turned OUT, I got turned OFF when she turned UP and turned ON the charm and they turned me DOWN, so I turned IN

I'd be OUT of luck if I weren't ON to what they were UP to, which is why I am IN love with them so.

No comments:

Post a Comment