Thursday, February 17, 2011

THE TRUMP CARD

I have never been a fan of Donald Trump. Quite the reverse. I have always thought he was a pompous, self-inflated compulsive addicted to adulation and attention.

Now...I can't fully believe I am about to say this...I am warming up to him running for, and me supporting him, for President next year.

He is a very conservative Republican with ardent support for a strong military. He is prepared to offer federal assistance to needy freer nations of the world, provided they "pay" for it by giving us something in return that benefits our country (eg, money, military positioning, etc.). He has a mind on reducing federal debt (something he may know something about), without cutting support programs that people have contributed taxes to and are dependent on. He is pro-life, and opposed to gay marriage (he is wrong about the latter; it is none of our Guardianship's (see post, Name Change)business whom or what you choose to marry, support, live with (other than underage children)...marry your cat, as far as I'm concerned.

Has Trump had political experience? No. Maybe that's good. The people I see with decades of political experience don't seem to have a clue as to what to do to protect our country, to give it the environment in which to thrive. Who is better and electable out there?

He seems to know and is not afraid to identify our enemies (eg, China), and says he will treat them accordingly. He projects the attitude Ayn Rand identified at the core of the American spirit: Don't Push Me Around.

Ron Paul, whom I generally like, asked how Trump could run since he has never won an election for executive office. I suppose Paul told the voters not to vote for him when he first ran for office. Paul could have made the same argument to Washington, Madison, Taylor, Pierce, Buchanan, Grant, Garfield, Harrison, Hoover, Eisenhower. Some of them were pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment