Sunday, December 13, 2009

ADAGES COME AND GO

When I was younger I was taught and believed the adage:

"Women and children first"...until I realized it implied "Men second", and I am second to no one.

"All's fair in love and war"...until I realized that without trust and truth there is no love.

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"...until I realized a man's gotta do nuttin'.

"A picture's worth a thousand words"...until I read "The Hunchback of Notre Dame".

"Everything in moderation"...until I realized that love and freedom do not come in moderation.

"Experience is the best teacher"...until I heard Ayn Rand give a speech.

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration"...until I realized it is also 50% determination.

"If passion drives, let reason hold the reins"...until I realized that reason frees and fuels passion.

"Lightning never strikes twice in the same place"...until I had my second beautiful child.

"The love of money is the root of all evil"...until I realized it's the love of someone else's money.

No comments:

Post a Comment